Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The history

Maybe someday I will take the time to move everything over. But the reality is that I'm a full-time student, a full-time mother...and I need to hop in the shower now to get to lecture in time. I never get a shower before II returns from his morning classes because I simply cannot trust M to be safe while I'm diverting my attention. That may change since the scuttle butt is that M is finally starting school on Monday (that process only took me 7 months to accomplish from when I decided it was time for him to return to public school). I'll believe it when I see it.

So, for old friends and maybe for new who might show up, the history is here http://mommypress.com/womanreclaimed/ Today is a new journey, in purple no less. Purple makes me happy, maybe colors and choices will motivate me to find the time out of my busy schedule to write more.

Life is....crazy. Its not all bad. Its not all good. But, it continues. I definitely need to write this week. Next week is the 6 month anniversary from when my life went to hell in a handbasket. And, today, I find myself far more willing to name names, so to speak. I find myself wanting to get to the meat and potatoes, the things I've spoken about with my friends since the start but haven't put into words because I didn't want to point fingers or lay blame. The shipwreck of my life was our own personal doing, afterall. We needed to rebuild our lives, not point fingers. But, the reality is that we didn't get here without guidance, and that guidance sure the hell wasn't good. I see new mothers saying the same things I said a decade ago, and I know their lives are going right down the path I headed down. They have all the sugar and joy I had...and behind closed doors I'll guarantee their lives will not be all roses either.

No comments:

Post a Comment