Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sadness

My brother and his wife lost their baby.

My heart is broken for them. I've had three miscarriages. The first loss is horrible. You don't just lose your baby but your innocence. That first lost baby is the precise point that II began to lose his faith. He has never recoveredd from that grief in all the years since then.

I have sent prayers and condolances to the parents. This weekend I create a prayer shawl for my sister in law. After I lost my last baby, I created a prayer shawl for myself. I prayed as I create it, and I heard the Lord telling me that as that shawl rested on my shoulders, so too did his arms cover me in my pain and through my tears.

Since that point, I have made shawls for other mothers facing what I faced. Its been awhile since I did it. It reached the point where making the shawls brought my grief back and made it raw for me. However, I knew it was time to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment